Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Operation Fire For Fire

To all of you who have been awaiting the jist on my almost fatal run in with "Naija' s finest". ( No I am not talking about Ramsey or 2Face o-. Actually I do have a picture with me and Ramsey. Ladies eat your heart out and let's just say he really worked up a sweat...(BIG SMILE) (I will find a way to post the picture but I have to find a way to cut out my picture- I kinda like the anonymous thing.) I don't like stalkers I had my fill of those.

So anyway, I was travelling to Abuja with S.O. Sexy. ( He is not like those things that T-Minx was offering on her site as men!!! Ladies he is fine... (I will post some pictures later)..Anyway, we were in Abuja it is really beautiful by the way. There are beautiful townhouses, beautiful estates in Maitama and Asokoro, and some in Wuse II. However, it does cost a pretty penny to live there. We travelled to Abuja Nicon ( one of my favorite romantic spots) and went around to Amigo's to get some snacks and other stuff.

I had my camera with me a Contax N1 , and it is a professional camera but I am just a novice who just loves taking photos. I was not even next to Aso Rock and I was just shooting my camera.

Within a lightning's flash I saw a policeman screaming. I had no idea he was talking to me. So me and S.O. Sexy continued to drive. Fatal mistake..
I didn't even realize what happened next... the crazy policeman called for back up!

I thought they were in pursuit of armed robbers how they had their machine guns drawn, and were following us. We we were trying to clear the way so they can catch the culprits. Little did I know I was the one and the same!

They jumped into the car, put their rifle into my face. I swear to God, I thought I was going to die! I was just trying to remember to say my last rites... I swear... A next officer jumped into the front seat and took the car keys from S.O. Sexy and pulled the car to the side. 2 more officers now jumped into the backseat.

I was past petrified. I have never been so scared in my life. The offense they said was taking pictures of ASO Rock, and they would take me down to the police station and lock us up. They wanted my camera . I told them no way...

I told them no way... they can have the film, but definitely not the camera! I know it might not have been the smartest thing to do, but S.O. Sexy has bought that as a birthday gift for me and I was not about to give it up that easily.

They took me to their oga who was still debating who I was. Whether or not I was a journalist, which paper did I work for. Was I even Nigerian. I was completely dumbfounded first and then belligerent, and then so angry. I guess that is the Cancer in me.

S.O. Sexy did not want a showdown with Fire for Fire, which is such a stupid name for a police force that every living and breathing Nigerian knows does not ever return any fire, they all vanish into thin air whenever any danger is around. They are only there to terrorize the poor masses all in the name of a lousy twenty or 1oo naira !

So getting back to my story, he started talking to them in Hausa and they started to calm down a little bit. They asked him if he does not know the custom. They are letting us off with a warning,next time they will not be that nice...

I was still irate and seething silently, what nonsense! Wasted two hours mind you - blasted idiots! Anyway, sha at least- I am still breathing thank God. How many people can say they faced Fire for Fire and walked away.

Fire indeed! Haa....Haa... (smile).

17 comments:

omohemi Benson said...

Thank God o!
Omo if them Lagos police,they are not that nice o! Dem for don fire you finsh before you know wetin happen!

Thank God sey sexy o,understand hausa.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Abuja.

chidi said...

lagos police men not 2 b messed wit. wen u c dem, do 1 thing- RUN 4 UR LIFE!!!!!

Naija Vixen said...

datz happened to me b4,wen abacha was still in power...they took my camera tho so u really lucky/blessed or d hausa language saved u;-)

naijabelle said...

You guys were lucky they didn't shoot.Those policemen are mental, they told my cousin to stop and he didn't so he got shot and was bleeding.They locked him in the boot of his car and then drove to the police station, on getting there he died at just 25.Unfortunate but that's the police force for you.Nice blog

Demi said...

Ha! We no go see devil o. Please darling, next time; don't argue with them o, they can be worse than armed robbers you know. Thank goodness you're safe. Me? I don't do shakara with Nigerian police o.

@ LondonNaijaChick - I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Why these police continue to get away with crimes like this, I don't know. Shouldn't he have been rushed to the hospital; treated and then they can continue with their investigations? Ha, an innocent soul lost to the babaric nature of the Nigerian police. How sad...

BiMbyLaDs** said...

welcome my sista. LOL @ ur blog,,, at least u had fun.. my client!! Haa... hope he remains my client after next week..

Dami said...

Na wa o, iw onder what they will do when they meet real criminals
kai for your own country for dat matter

LondonBuki said...

Are they really called "Fire For Fire"?

OMG!!! A rifle in your face?? I would have been SCARED S***LESS!!!! Pele!

@LondonNaijaChick... so sorry about your cousin.. that is so terrible.

exschoolnerd said...

am glad nothing happened to u o! Because those people...hmmm,.the things they can do..Thank God for s.o sexy o...

Unknown said...

What do u think about me introducing you to Baba?...after U meet him, u will never fear bullet again...walahi talahi sumobilahi!

Simply Gorgeous said...

@omohemi- I heard Lagos police are really terrible. I thank God that I have not have the experience so far that is bad with them.

@Chidi-I share your view, I do not plan on standing around.

@Naija Vixen- wow, I know you must have been pissed, as you can see I have problems letting go of things that I have sentimental attachments to.

@london Naija Chic- I really cannot believe they would do that to your cousin. I am so sorry for your loss.

Simply Gorgeous said...

@desola- you have a way with words that always makes me laugh. I promise their will be no next time. I have learned my lesson.

@bimpylads- don't worry about your client. Everything will work out great- I hope.

@dami- I wonder also!!!

Anonymous said...

whao.. no be small oh.. i didn't even know you weren't allowed to take pictures of aso rock.. naija police self.. they don't play eh.. fantastic blog luv.. i'm a big fan.. thanks for droping by mine! Thank God you got away with your camera sha

Unknown said...

Thank God u escaped alive!!! Did they take the film in the end?

Unknown said...

I want to see the pic of u and ramsey!!! Get the picassa tool from google and download it onto ur PC or laptop. Its a picture processing or editing tool and u can use it to blur out ur face or crop out ur face. ASAP!!!

Anthony Arojojoye said...

..which is such a stupid name for a police force that every living and breathing Nigerian knows does not ever return any fire, they all vanish into thin air whenever any danger is around... LOL!!!! Girl dem dey fire o, especially if dem know say dem fit collect money from you.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate.

Simply Gorgeous said...

@LB- Yeah they are really called Fire for Fire. But I think recently they changed their name to unity, honestty and something else ( Big Lie) What honesty...

@ Ex school nerd- I agree with you Thank god for S.O. Sexy ...(smile)

@ONB- I didn't know either. They said it is printed in some tourist book. So I am a tourist now, that I should read book? Retards...

@omo Ibadan-So you want to see me in trouble , abi? Hook who up with Baba. I see now that you don't loe me.

@Calabar Gal- They didn't take the film at the end. I kept everything. As for the picture of Ramsey I will try to get that to you ASAP. Up until now I have not even been able to post apicture to mywebpage. I am envious of all those who are able to do that.

@anthony-so I hear. Naia police dey craze!!! Human life means nothing to them.