Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Color Purple

I am here typing this blog and watching Color Purple at the same time. I can't tell you how many times I have watched this movie. Maybe like 100. My sister and I used to watch this movie together. I miss her. I still can't believe that she is gone. We are only 18 months apart, and now she is no longer here... We used to joke about who would get kids first... compete about who could pick up the most guys... competing about everything... and fight like cats and dogs, but then there were times that we would be so close and share secrets that no else can possibly experience except for us.

Why couldn't you be stronger? Didn't you see you had your life ahead of you but you chose the easy way out why? At 19... you were beautiful, and conceited, at least you portrayed that you were.I did not mean to laugh at your Elvis sideburns... I would gladly take it back just to see you again. You were so beautiful 5'8 a body to die for. Guys would run their cars up on the sidewalk just to talk to you. Why? Just tell my why? What was wrong? Is it because of that your useless boyfriend?Death always leaves more questions than answers, and you know Mommy was a wreck, you were so close to her. She lost so much weight. We left your room with your purple walls and your purple chimes hanging there, as if you never left. Your funeral it was packed. Did you see how many people loved you? Your lifeless body lay in your purple coffin you looked so different. You were no longer with us anymore.

Did you like the poem I made for you?Sorry I couldn't read it and Auntie Wu had too, I just couldn't. I hope you are happy now and at peace. I hope you are surrounded by all your purple flowers, and everything purple.

23 comments:

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

It is well, my dear. Ur sister is resting peacefully, so don't fret. I can't even begin tosay i imagine how u feel. God is the greatest comforter of all and he'll comfort ur family- Amen.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sorry about your loss. I won't pretend like I know your pain, but my heart really does go out to you.

LondonBuki said...

Hey SG, I'm speechless here...
So sorry for your loss, she is resting with the Lord.
May the Almighty continue to comfort you and loved ones... AMEN
((Hugs))

BiMbyLaDs** said...

awww sweetie.. how r u doing? soo sorry to hear this,...i forgive u now for being first on LNC's blog ( but Cherub.. im on U!!)..

i will make u peppersoup with all the meat in the forest, and in the sea..OK.. jokes apart..

Time is a healer, but time doesnt erase the wounds, I pray that God will continue to strenghten you in his own special way. U r a beautiful person ( my blog 6th sense tells me) and u deserve the best, so please be rest assured that your sister is in the arms of the Lord.. ( HUG)

omohemi Benson said...

I am sorry about your loss,
I have a younger sister and we are close.
Don't ever wanna lose her.
Take it easy love,be strong.

Simply Gorgeous said...

@Cherub- Cherub, you are first!!!!

Let me finda prize, you can eat Bimbylads pepper soup for me. She is trying to kill me. I see you have come to console me. It is ok- it happened a long time ago, so it is ok. Just that certain triggers make me remember. We are still at war! Don't try to soften me it will not work.

@rj- thanks for all your kind words.

@LB-Thanks LB so much it is greatly appreciate, but abeg your squeezing me too tight , allow me to breathe, wait I heard one of my ribs crack.(smile)

@Bimbylads- thanks so much bighead. But I don't what hideous kind of pepper soup you are making. I know now your intention is to try and kill me. Go ahead do your worst. We will see who will be standing.


@omohemi-Thank you I hope your sister stays and lives very long for you.

BiMbyLaDs** said...

@ SG: see this yeye gal wey i dey offer pepper soup...
oya cherub mi, (whisper):jam me at under the bridge for peppersoup.. i can guarantee that u will enjoy it well...

Simpy G!! S.Gorgeous!! EESSS GEEEE!!!
how many times did i call u? U WILL BEG ME FOR MY PEPPERSOUP.. U WILL... U WILL.. U WILL ( *voice fading into the dark..)
exit...

Simply Gorgeous said...

What are u a spirit that you are calling me three times? No I will die frst before I eat that pepper soup of yours. Is it by force? Madness. You have went mad.

Drink my lucozade, ketchup, vinegar, ogogoro, fanta, goat droppings, hmm did I miss anything, bitter leaf aha now it is complete then I will eat your pepper soup.

BiMbyLaDs** said...

lolllllllllllllllllll....ur nuts...

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Cherub mi ko, Seraphim mi ni. Look at this bimby lads that thinks her jazz will work on me o? I be correct Lag babe and i sabi all ur tricks o. So make i jam u for under bridge make dem "oraisa" (area boyz) come panel beat my fine face. Abeg, i luff myself o. My friend, will u Fedex that peppersoup to me right now as i type. Nonsense.

@SG, All my blog enemies/ haters( read: LNC, Counterfeit Bimby):

Don't mess with me o, 'cos i'm an innocent somborri doesn't mean i can't beat y'all black 'n blue. U'VE ALL BEEN WARNED!!!

naijabelle said...

@ SG, i just wanna give you a big hug.Sorry about your loss and your only consolation is that she's at peace.

Confused Naija Girl said...

I am truly sory for your loss. May her soul rest in peace. Amen.

Favoured Girl said...

Hey girl, I thought I should drop by your blog at last. I'm so sorry about your loss. God and time will heal the pain. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

God bless you babe... i'm really sad to read this... I hope you're learning to deal with it better... I hope God continues to comfort you and everybody who loved her... through the 'colour purple' and other means.AMEN

Uzo said...

Wow. I was getting so excited and was so eager to leave comments about The Color Purple which is one of my favorite movies.

It is well my dear. It is well

exschoolnerd said...

am so sorry about ur sister..she seems like she was a very nice person.iv never lost anyone that close to me..and i dnt wish to..so i cant totally say i know hw it might feel..But just have it in mind that it's the ones that are forgotten that are truly dead and am sure she'll forever be in ur heart..

iconoclastic said...

Sorry bout ur loss, and reading this has made me a bit stronger.esp d useless bf bit, cos i seem 2 be in dat state now

Delilah 3 said...

hey chic, am sorry about this. the Almighty shall console you.well.... it is well

Nilla said...

I'm really sorry about your loss.
Take care girl!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

UPDATE! Abi u want the entire folks in BloNgsville to beg u ehn aunty?

I'm trusting that all's well with u and hubby.

naijabelle said...

waiting for update oh!

Mrs Somebody said...

sorry about the loss of your dear sister,may her soul find peace in the bossom of the Lord.Amen.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Thank you all for all your kind words. It is your support that makes it easier. Thank you love you all.