Friday, February 2, 2007

In A Naija State of Mind

I woke up this morning and all I care about is going back underneath the covers. It is so friggin cold !I read this book once by Buchi Emecheta, and she said if she was Jesus she would have passed London by, with all of the cold air and grey skies. Buchi, I second that motion ! However, I am not in London but in New York, and he needs to bypass here also.

Who wants to go to work today. certainly, not I! Just extra time pleaasseee... just five more minutes.... so I can dream more about Naija....with its warm sun, smell of petrol everywhere, fresh fruits, great food... cant wait to eat suya, bitterleaf, edikaikon, draw soup, and goat pepper soup and have a Chapman at Abuja Nicon.

I can't wait to dress in Nigerian attire...without someone asking me oh...are you going to a wedding? No, I just felt like wearing something that reminded me that I was home... Next ridiculous question why.... which is normally followed with a look of disgust.

Who cares... no one cares in Naija... all the countless materials from the finest laces...to the matching headscarves....I love seeing the men dressed in their caftans, their regality and sexiness could never be surpassed by any Western suits.


As you can see I am homesick... and no amount of five minutes will miraculously place me in Nigeria, Anyway, sha, time to get ready to go to work.

3 comments:

TMinx said...

Welcome to blogvile

Simply Gorgeous said...

Hi Taureanminx,
thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

I'll join Tminx in welcoming you to Blogville. Have fun!!!