Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love is in the Air....

In preparation for Valentine's Day I have decided to go all out. I hope S.O. Sexy likes it. One of my friends called me yesterday to find out if I have any plans on Val? I had plans for months. Valentine's is truly one of those holidays I enjoy. The festivity, all the love in the air can you feel it? But somehow after Valentine's the depression sinks in. My pocketbook is always filled with lint where my money used to be.

First I have to find my way to the beauty salon. Thank God it is in walking distance to my house. For days, I have been scratching my head non-stop. This only means one thing my head is going to be one big ball of fire when they relax my hair. My Mom says I scratch my head like if I have lice! Heeeeyyyy! God Forbid!


Me with lice- I told her never to utter that please. I will just die. Where would I get lice from? Why am I even entertaining this madness? - this coming from a woman that we have nicknamed Mad Cobra when we were younger.

I hate going to the salon!!!- let me rephrase I abhor going to the salon. Sitting in a beauty salon wasting six hours of my precious time to let someone come and tell me my hair is not dried. I have to go back under. While this is repeated at least 3 times and it is not like the dryer is not hot. It is -o. My face is red and it feels as I have temperature when they take me out.

My hair is just very long and it takes a while to dry. I promised my Dada long time ago I would never cut my hair after my crazy sister Sexy Mod went and cut off her hair. Her hair reached her middle of her back close to her buttocks.And where did the lunatic girl cut it up to -her ear.! Oh- my father had a coronary. He didn't speak to her for weeks and no I am not exaggerating...She has always been braver than me....


I had reservations for Peter Luger for months. Peter Luger is New York's leading steak house it is always packed and to those that ever watched Cheers in the 1980's that's what it looks like inside. The waiters are dressed in tuxedo shirts and bow ties, and they cater to all your whims and fancy.

The problem is this . I really don't think that S.O. Sexy likes Peter Luger- he is in this new phase of excercising where he wants to get down to a certain size and eating a whopping porterhouse steak that taste like butter and will probably give one a coronary is not his idea of a good time. But voila- I have managed to pull the rabbit out of its hat. He loves salmon, and you guessed it they have it on their menu. So I get to enjoy! yippee...!!!- and I am so happy because I absolutely love Peter Luger.Who cares if I will go from a size 6 to a size 10. But no worries I will do some serious exercising when I go to the club.

After that we are planning to go to see Norbit. I saw the preview and it looks funny. I just don't like when the jokes become too over dramatized that you end up being able to predict what the next one would be like. That just pisses me off, sha.

Then for the piece DE la Resistance... The creme De la creme.. dessert. Which happens to be me!!! Whoever guessed that gets a prize. My room looks like a candle factory, Luther and all my fav-o-rite love songs are in my CD player .I bought this number lets just say it covers what doesn't need to be covered and reveals in all the nice places. (haa..haa)

So that is it for me. I swear if S.O. sexy doesn't step up his game this year. He will be sleeping in the dog house. I mean that literally.

To all those in Blogville, to all those newly engaged Happy Valentine's Day!

18 comments:

zaiprincesa said...

lol..i feel like u were gisting me, face to face...stumbled upon ur blog...Kewl!

Nilla said...

I totally feel you on hating the salon. My hair doesn't dry easily either, but it's not that its long, its just too full.

Have a Happy Valentine yourself too.

Welcome to blogsburg (as i like to call it) and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Blessed Child said...

I feel you on the spending way too long under the dryer.A combination of long and full hair (deadly!!..lol).So annoying when you hear those salon gals in Naija go "Aunty, your hair never dry!" or "Aunty the front never dry o,put your head well well"....

I started cutting my hair (over 5 years now)and haven't looked back since then even tho' I always say I wouldn't cut it again.Had it cut again last month and loving it!!

Welcome to blogsville by the way!!God bless!

Jennifer A. said...

happy vals day dear...

UnNaked Soul said...

I hate going to the salon as well... the heat, the time wasted, and cuties adjusting to their finest pose as soon as I walk in.. LOL

Did I say hate? SHIT (oops) I love going to the salon... girls look prettier in there than the club... lol

hope you'll enjoy your val Ms Cancer *wink*

Uzo said...

Sounds like you will have a wonderful time. Oh, i cant wait to hear the after. So fun.....

naijabelle said...

I feel u on the hair issue too.Mine is shoulder length and has been like that for ages so am gonna cut it and do something funky.lol!

Anyway, have a nice valentine's day.

Confused Naija Girl said...

aww happy vals day to you to. I hope so sexy (i love that name doesnt dissapoint)
I feel you on long hair , its all hype!! trust me I no.

LondonBuki said...

Sounds FUN!!! How'd it go? You were the dessert huh? I hope S.O. Sexy did not devour you to a point where you won't be able to blog about it for days oh!

I hate going under the dryer! HATE IT!!!

Happy Val's day (Belated).

Mocha said...

Happy Vals Day to you too.
Feel you on the hair issue, explains why I cut my hair.
Pleasantries over; what happened???
Follow up gist???
Lol...

iconoclastic said...

chai!!im pained oh, abeg uve 2 read my story 2 understand..happy vals day sha sha sha...

יש (Yosh) said...

This shade of pink looks good, so I wont critique it! :)

thanks for stoppin over. And I sure had some kinda uncertainties and worries at the time I had the dream.

Good stuff here...

ciao!

Simply Gorgeous said...

@Zai princesa@ thanks for the compliment. When I write I try to involve the reader in my story.

@Nilla-Thanks Nilla- Maybe they need to invent new rollers, or new dryers.

@blessed child- I have contemplated cutting my har many times but never had the courage. I wish I had your strength.

@jaycee-Happy belated Valentine's day.

@unnaked soul- you can always make me smile. Why you dey wink at me, I see a very mischevious nature in you and I'm lovin' it.

@uzo-so you want to hear the details, abi? OK, I have to try to remember all of the parts for you.

@londonnaija chic- you are very brave. Tell me how you feel afterwards.

@confusednaijagirl-So sexy, you are right is not a disappointment, imagine a beautiful clean shaven chocolate, with full soft lips, and reddish brown eyes. You get it ? Good.

@LB-I definitely was the dessert. and by the way I am still recovering (laugh).

@mocha- so you want the whole story.Ok how clean do you want it or how raw do you want it? Let me know.

@ law damsel- I will be there, no worries.

@yosh-Mr.Yosh so you wanted to critique my pink,abi?. Pink is always hot!

Vera Ezimora said...

My sister, na u biko! Do they make men like u? If so, where can I buy one 4 me and one 4 my friend?

UnNaked Soul said...

@vera: dem dey sell for oshodi market... make i give u directions? LMAO!!!

exschoolnerd said...

i hate saloons too specially naija saloons..

what did u say? ur sis cut her middle of the back reaching hair? *staggers* sumbody pls hold me.

am sure u had a gr8 vals day with mr.man dont forget to come do some blogmebo for us oh.

BiMbyLaDs** said...

lol.. hmm.. pls recover quick and gii us the full gist.. im beefing ur long hair o.. after years of carefull application of Dr Miracles, Virgin and Rob, my hair has reashed my chin.. e go good..

Simply Gorgeous said...

@Vera- Veralicious-so you are looking for a male version of me, abi? Well I have brothers. I don't know how old you are, but my brother looks like Boris Kodjoe without the bald head and is 6'4" and he is 22. But as you guessed is a major player.

@exschoolnerd- I did some staggering myself. (smile).

@Bimby- wzup babe- I have recovered enough to write, but I don't know about my insides.