Monday, February 5, 2007

Nigerian Customs

This weekend I sat down packing and repacking my luggage to go to Nigeria. I know this may seem a little impulsive... okay I lie... Very impulsive seeing that I haven't even bought my tickets from British Airways. Something just pushed me over the edge.. could it be, the forecast reporting that that the next 3 days would be 20 degrees, with a wind chill factor of below O degrees. I think that might have done it !

I packed my basic necessities and the list reads:

a. malaria medication ( check)

b. Pepto bismol and wipes (check)

c. Motrin (check) I get serious migraines...

d. sun tan and sun block (check) I am tired of stupid people screaming out yellooowww... when they want me to buy something from them, (like that is actually going to make me buy anything)

e. toiletries (check)

f. camera and film(check) I am an aspiring photographer( that is until FIRE for FIRE) jumped into my car and almost wheeled me down to the police station. Why didn't anyone tell me I could not take pictures in Abuja?
This is too long to report now it is definitely for a next time.

g. Someone has told me once if you are not really comfortable with Customs checking your bag ( which I am not) you should put your undies on the top layer they will feel too offended to search through it. Great travelling tip I will tell you if it works when I come back.

Or it might have the opposite effect I might find some perv... secretly sniffing my Victoria's and Calvin's...

h. My bathing and summer clothes, that really need to be updated...

i. Trinkets for relatives...( even though I bring them things it is never enough , I always leave with just a little more than the clothes on my back.)


I might be missing something I am just not sure what! Most likely this is just a dry run, I'm almost certain to repack again...

11 comments:

Funmi said...

welcome to blogville! hope u enjoy the ride :)

thanks for stopping by.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Thanks for the warm welcome Funmi.

exschoolnerd said...

lol at people screaming yellow at you..dont mind them crazy people..

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and wish u a safe trip to naija.

LondonBuki said...

Welcome!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog... and SERIOUSLY? You were arrested for taking pictures in Abuja? Wow!

Confused Naija Girl said...

have a safe trip to naija. first time on your blog.

Dami said...

yellooooooooow lol

becareful of the films i heard they get wiped after going under the xray thingy at the airports.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and the advice-LB will keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I over precise post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I about the brief should prepare more info then it has.